Monday, November 25, 2013

Watercress, Potato and Courgette Puree



The first time I saw watercress was during my search for water chestnuts in Village Grocer, 2 years back. I thought it was mint leaves. I heard that this veggie has an abundant of health benefits but we were not exposed too much to it.

2 days back, when I browsed through Annabel Karmel's book, nak cari idea for little button's bekal for next week, I came across this recipe that calls for watercress. 




Bought watercress at Jaya Grocer for RM3.80 and millet (500g, RM5.50) since kat rumah millet dah habis. A few bloggers said that this recipe is a bit runny but I plan to serve it with millet and calrose rice. Here's how I do it :

1 russet potato
1 medium zucchini
a small bunch of watercress
300 ml water (can use vegetable broth as well)


1. Peel the skin of potato and slice it. Put into a pot and pour water until cover all potatoes. Simmer for 5 minutes.
2. Trim the zucchini, (remember not to peel the skin as the skin contains most of the nutrients!) and chop it. Add to the potatoes and simmer for a further 5 minutes.
3. Lastly, add a small bunch of watercress (cut stalks off) and cook for a further 2-3 minutes.

Here's the end product :


Gave a bit to little button for his dinner, cecah dengan roti, he loves it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...